Automotive Design Kit 1 GSD ST209
Would you like to design your own dream car? Before you can do that, you need to practice building one. Discover how to design vehicles by building one by another designer and then enhance your vision and design your own.
1. Explore mobility across time.
2. Conduct automotive market research online with a care giver.
3. Create your vehicle to meet your criteria.
4. Sketch a vehicle to meet you criteria.
5. Enhance your vehicle and share with others.
When you’ve earned this patch, you’ll know about innovation and market research. You’ll know how to create criteria, sketch and design a vehicle.
Automotive Engineering Kit 2 GSD ST132
Find out how automotive engineers fuel the future by building and testing vehicles. Then create your own model of an alternative fuel vehicle.
1. Explore about simple machines.
2. Learn about vehicles that use alternative fuel (watch this video).
3. Build a vehicle prototype.
4. Test and revise your vehicle prototype.
5. Share your vehicle prototype and testing results.
When you’ve earned this patch, you’ll know about vehicles that use alternative fuel and how to use the Design Thinking Process to plan, build, test and improve prototypes.
Automotive Manufacturing Kit 3 GSD ST113
Explore how automotive manufacturers build lots of vehicles without wasting time and how they make sure the vehicles are ready for the road.
1. Explore the manufacturing process.
2. Learn about the automotive manufacturing process.
3. Plan your own automotive manufacturing process.
4. Manufacture a set of vehicles.
5. Innovate your automotive manufacturing process.
When you’ve earned this patch, you’ll know how high quality vehicles are manufactured.