Programming Robots Kit 1 GSD ST292
To help you understand how robots work, learn about the parts that make up a robot. Get started by making a simple motorized robot to see how robot parts work together. Then practice coding robots, using important programming concepts, like functions and loops.
- Learn about robots
- Build a robot model: motorized robot
- Explore the way robotics systems work together
- Learn about programming
- Write a program for a robot
When you’ve earned this badge, you’ll understand how robots work and how to control them.
Designing Robots Kit 2 GSD ST328
Explore the Design Thinking Process as you build a model of a social robot that can make life better for others. Decide on a challenge, brainstorm solutions, plan, build a prototype, and test it to see how well it meets the needs it is designed to address.
- Pick a challenge
- Explore possible solutions
- Plan your prototype
- Build a prototype
- Get feedback on your robot
When you’ve earned this badge, you’ll know how to design a robot and build a prototype.
Showcasing Robot Kit 3 GSD ST322
After engineers build their robots, they share their work with others through challenges, competitions, or marketing campaigns. Now that you’ve built your robot, share your design with others and explore your future with robotics.
- Learn about robotics events
- Hold a mini robotics event
- Give a presentation about your robotics activities
- Find out about robotics career opportunities
- See robot makers and robots in action
When you’ve earned this badge, you’ll know how to share your robot designs with the world.