Programming Robots Kit 1 GSD ST309
To help you understand how robots work, learn about the parts that make up a robot. Get started with electronics by making a simple sensor, something robots use to function without human operators. Then practice coding robots using important programming concepts like functions and loops.
- Learn about robots
- Build a robot part: simple sensors
- Make a box model robot with sensors
- Learn about programming
- Write a program for a robot
When you’ve earned this badge, you’ll understand how robots work and how to control them.
Designing Robots Kit 2 GSD ST156
Build a prototype of a new kind of robot that could help someone to overcome a daily obstacle. Decide on a challenge, brainstorm solutions, plan, build a prototype, and test it to see how well it meets the challenge.
- Pick a challenge
- Explore possible solutions
- Plan your prototype
- Build a prototype
- Get feedback on your robot
When you’ve earned this badge, you’ll know how to design a robot and build a prototype.
Showcasing Robot Kit 3 GSD ST238
After engineers build a working version of their robots, they release them to the public. They may enter them into challenges and competitions or market them through a website or crowd-funding campaign. Now that you’ve built your robot, share your design with others and explore a future in robotics.
- Learn about robotics events and organizations
- Create a presentation about your robot
- Present your robot pitch to others for feedback
- Find out about robotics opportunities for teens
- See robot makers and robots in action
When you’ve earned this badge, you’ll know how to share your robot designs with the world.