Programming Robots Kit 1 GSD ST292
To understand more about how robots work, explore the parts and systems that make up a robot, and then learn about different ways to control a robot, including computer programming.
- Learn about robots
- Build a robot part: robot arm
- Learn how robot systems work together
- Learn about programming
- Write a program for a robot
When you’ve earned this badge, you’ll understand how robots work and how to control them.
Designing Robots Kit 2 GSD ST328
Build a prototype of a new kind of robot that helps or replaces people who work in difficult or dangerous situations. Decide on a challenge, brainstorm solutions, plan, build a prototype, and test it to see how well it meets the challenge.
- Pick a challenge
- Explore possible solutions
- Plan your prototype
- Build a prototype
- Get feedback on your robot
When you’ve earned this badge, you’ll know how to design a robot and build a prototype.
Showcasing Robot Kit 3 GSD ST322
After engineers build their robots, they show them to others and enter them into challenges and competitions. Now that you’ve built your robot prototype, it’s time to share your design with others.
- Create a presentation about your robot
- Present your robot pitch to others for feedback
- Hold a mini robotics competition
- Explore robotics opportunities in high school, college, and beyond
- See robot makers and robots in action
When you’ve earned this badge, you’ll know how to share your robot designs with the world.