Automotive Design Kit 1 GSD ST173
Find out how automotive designers come up with ideas for new vehicles. Then, take the wheel and design your own!
1. Explore how people move from place to place
2. Discover design criteria
3. Choose your vehicle’s design criteria
4. Sketch a vehicle to meet your criteria
5. Sculpt and share your vehicle
When you’ve earned this badge, you’ll know how to design, sketch, and sculpt a vehicle.
Automotive Engineering Kit 2 GSD ST132
Get in gear and explore how automotive engineers build vehicles. Then, engineer your own model of a vehicle to help people during an emergency!
1. Learn about simple machines in vehicles
2. Engineer a vehicle for safety based on criteria
3. Build a vehicle prototype
4. Test and revise your vehicle prototype
5. Share your vehicle prototype and testing results
When you’ve earned this badge, you’ll know how automotive engineers plan, build, test, and improve vehicles.
Automotive Manufacturing Kit 3 GSD ST237
Experience the importance of having a plan and discover how manufacturers build lots of vehicles that are safe and well made!
1. Experience the manufacturing process
2. Learn about the automotive manufacturing process
3. Plan your own automotive manufacturing process
4. Manufacture a set of vehicles
5. Share your automotive manufacturing process
When you’ve earned this badge, you’ll know how vehicles are manufactured in a factory. You’ll also know how to make and test products for people to buy.