Mechanical Engineering Fling Flyer Kit 1 GSD ST310
Work like an engineer to create a Fling Flyer, an airplane you’ll make, and explore what keeps it and other things, such as birds, planes, and space ships, in the air.
- Learn about forces that affect flight
- Design and build a Fling Flyer
- Test your Fling Flyer
- Analyze and share your results
- Brainstorm ways to improve your design
When you’ve earned this badge, you’ll have learned about the forces that affect flight as you design, build, and test a Fling Flyer. You’ll know how to design an investigation—and fine-tune your design after testing it, just like engineers.
Mechanical Engineering Leap Bot Kit 2 GSD ST180
Design, build, and test things like an engineer as you create your own Leap Bot.
- Learn about springs
- Build your Leap Bot
- Create a way to test how well your Leap Bot performs
- Record the results of your test
- Share your results
When you’ve earned this badge, you’ll have learned about engineering, gravity, and force by building and testing a Leap Bot. You will know how to build and test a new product.
Mechanical Engineering Race Car Kit 3 GSD ST359
Design, build, and test your own race car to explore how science can make a faster race car!
- Learn how design can affect speed
- Design and build your race car
- Design your racetrack
- Conduct a fair test and record results
- Share what you learned
When you’ve earned this badge, you’ll have designed a race car and a race track and carried out “fair tests” to learn how design affects speed.